After 10 years of renovation, the new brewery is the most recent use of the Château du
Capitaine Royal (the majority of the building remains as a private residence). Dating from
the 15th century, it was originally built as the residence of the governor of Grésigne; the old
castle was dismantled under the treaty of Meaux-Paris of 1229. Subsequently, it has
undergone many transformations and uses: as an orphanage, a shed for animals (without
roof), and housing a ceramics oven - among others!